Data Protection & Your Privacy
Who are we?
Fluent Money Group Ltd (Fluent) is a financial services company, made up of:
- Fluent Money Ltd, company number 06200496, registered office address: Laurel House, 173 Chorley New Road, Bolton BL1 4QZ, trading address: 102 Rivington House, Chorley New Road, Bolton BL6 5UE
- Fluent for Advisers is a trading style of Fluent Money Ltd
- Fluent Loans Ltd, company number 06890680, registered office address: Laurel House, 173 Chorley New Road, Bolton BL1 4QZ, trading address: 102 Rivington House, Chorley New Road, Bolton BL6 5UE
- Fluent Mortgages Ltd, company number 05962939, registered office address: 102 Rivington House, Chorley New Road, Bolton BL6 5UE
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Stuart Almond, DPO@fluentmoney.co.uk
Tel: 01204 477500
Why do we need your data?
We will hold and process your data in order to assist you with obtaining a loan, insurance, first charge, second charge or lifetime mortgage. If you do not provide the information we request, we will be unable to assist you in obtaining the right finance option.
We will only collect the data we need.
What right do we have to process your data?
All Fluent businesses are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA www.fca.org.uk), which means we are accountable for the products and services we provide. We are obligated to maintain detailed records of transactions with customers and so we process your data on the basis of "processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation" as set out by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO www.ico.org.uk).
What do we do with your data?
All of the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff based in the United Kingdom. 'Personal Data' is data that identifies you as an individual.
Your information may be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the EEA. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your data, and we are ISO27001 accredited.
Fluent businesses act in a broking capacity; we are not lenders. In order to help you achieve the finance you require, we will need to share your data with a lender at the appropriate time. We pride ourselves on our systems and we take great care over how we process customer data, and ensure it is done securely and safely at all times. We want you to be confident in Fluent and be assured that we take the security and privacy of your data seriously.
How long do we keep your data?
Fluent Money Group businesses are all FCA regulated firms and we need to retain full and detailed records of all of our customer transactions in order to meet regulatory requirements.
Ordinarily the FCA require us to retain such records for a minimum of six years, however Fluent Money Group have taken the decision to retain all customer records on an indefinite basis. We feel it is important to be able to retrieve any of our records at any time to respond to or support customer or regulator enquiries.
Credit Reference Agency Data
At Fluent, we help customers obtain finance by a number of means. In order to get a picture of your true credit position, we access and search your credit file with a credit reference agency.
We believe in informing customers at all stages about searches we carry out and we will seek your permission to complete these when they become necessary.
What are your rights?
Importantly you have significant rights as to how Fluent, or any business, uses and handles your data. Below is a brief summary:
- The right to be informed - and this notice you are reading is doing just that!
- The right of access - you can always ask to see what data we hold about you
- The right to rectification - this is saying if you believe any data stored about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it, and we will
- The right to request erasure or the 'the right to request to be forgotten' - we have a legal requirement to maintain customer records (See 'How long do we keep your data' above)
- The right to restrict processing - you can ask us to 'stop' processing your data at any time, however you should be aware if you do, then we will be unable to proceed with your application
- The right to data portability - should you want to, we can arrange for your data to be formatted into a simple electronic file and sent to
- The right to object - similar to the right to restrict processing (above), you can ask us to 'stop' processing your data at any time, however you should be aware if you do, then we will be unable to proceed with your application
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - you have a right to be made aware of this
You also have the right to make a complaint about how your data has been processed by Fluent. In the first instance, you can contact us directly by email DPO@fluentmoney.co.uk, or phone 01204 477500, or you can contact the ICO directly at www.ico.org.uk.
What may other organisations do?